'He's been amazing' - Ndidi praises Maresca for Leicester City's record-breaking start, new playing stylePublished: September 22, 2023
Wilfred Ndidi has reserved praise for Italian football tactician Enzo Maresca for Leicester City's record-breaking start to the season and a new playing style.
The former West Brom and Juventus midfielder was appointed Leicester City manager in June and was given a mandate to ensure that the Foxes are promoted back to the Premier League.
After seven matches in the Championship, Leicester City sit in second position with 18 points, one less than table toppers Preston North ahead of their upcoming fixture with Bristol City.
Without conceding a goal, the Foxes are through to the third round of the League Cup, where they will face Liverpool.
Ndidi has thrived under the new manager and has been involved in every single game contested by the former Premier League champions in the new season, scoring three goals and providing an assist from his nine appearances.
Speaking before Saturday's home game against Bristol City, the Nigeria international said to Leicester City's official website: "He’s been amazing.
"He’s helping the team to be more together. If you have a look at the team, the way we play, and also the guys on the bench, we’re all together. He tries to make everything simple with the philosophy.
"It’s going well, and we’ll see where it takes us. Everyone is gelling so quick. We all know what we want to do. We know what we have to do. Kudos to the Manager because he’s been brilliant since he arrived here."
Ndidi netted his first goal in the Championship a week ago as the Foxes registered an impressive 4-1 road win over Southampton.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football