The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixturePublished: September 22, 2023
It was previously reported that Premier League trio Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United scouts would be in attendance at the Jan-Breydel-Stadion to monitor at close quarters Club Brugge teenage sensation Antonio Nusa in the Europa Conference League meeting with Turkish side Besiktas.
Talent spotters representing the three English giants presumably left the stadium disappointed as the Norway international of Nigerian descent was omitted from the gameday squad.
Atlético de Madrid, Marseille and Borussia Dortmund were also expected to send their officials to watch the red-hot winger against Besiktas.
There was a hint that Nusa was not going to be involved against the Istanbul club as he was not spotted at the training ground on the eve of the Europa Conference League game.
The 18-year-old has a back problem and failed a fitness check on the eve of the game against Besiktas, which saw him miss out on the list of players called up by manager Ronny Deila.
Nusa was struggling with the same ailment last weekend but was patched up for the visit of RSC Charleroi and the risk taken by Club Brugge's Norwegian tactician paid off as the winger came off the bench to score and provide an assist in a 4-2 win.
The Norwegian-Nigerian super kid has got several top European clubs keeping tabs on him on the back of his fine start to the season, with a goal involvement of nine (3 goals, 6 assists) in 13 games for club and country.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- 'He's often in the right place' - 1988 European Championship winner Kieft praises Ajax super-sub Akpom
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football