Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift OrbanPublished: September 22, 2023
German Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt are in the market for a replacement for Randal Kolo Muani and are targeting a January move for prolific Nigerian attacker Gift Orban.
Paris Saint-Germain secured the deadline day signing of Muani for a fee of 95 million euros, including performance-related add-ons, and Eintracht Frankfurt could not sign a replacement at short notice.
Eintracht Frankfurt have been defensively solid in the new season but have struggled in attack, netting four goals in four Bundesliga matches, and only Cologne and Mainz have scored fewer goals in the division.
According to German newspaper Bild, via Fussballtransfers, Eintracht Frankfurt are combing the market for a striker and their scouts have identified Gent marksman Orban as a potential reinforcement.
English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur were heavily linked with a move for Orban in the summer transfer window but a deal did not happen, with the north London club choosing to prioritize the signing of Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson instead.
Representatives of Tottenham held talks with Orban's camp regarding a transfer but the Lilywhites did not firm up their interest by making an official bid to Gent.
The 21-year-old has fueled rumors of an impending transfer to Eintracht Frankfurt in the January transfer window by following the Eagles on Instagram.
Orban has scored 45 goals in 56 appearances combined for Stabæk Fotball and Gent since turning professional.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football