Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & morePublished: September 23, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com's review of the Nigerian players that found the net for their respective foreign clubs in matches on Friday, September 22, 2023.
Starting in the Saudi Pro League, Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo netted in back-to-back games for the first time this season as Al Wehda thrashed Abha 4-0 at the King Abdulaziz Sports City Stadium in Mecca.
The 34-year-old wrapped up the scoring in the 88th minute when he tapped the ball into the net.
Elsewhere, 2017 Super Eagles invitee Anthony Nwakaeme opened his account for the season as Al-Fayha registered a 3-1 road win at Al Riyadh.
The veteran forward, 34, broke the deadlock at minute 17 with a left-footed strike from just inside the box.
In the Romanian SuperLiga, former Nigeria U20 international Kehinde Fatai waited for seven games to net his first of the season for SC Otelul Galati.
Fatai, 33, headed home the opening goal of the contest in the 62nd minute as SC Otelul Galati secured a 2-0 road win at FC U Craiova 1948.
Peter Godly Michael continues to put himself in the shop window ahead of the January transfer window. The 25-year-old has either scored or assisted in eight consecutive matches in the Finnish Veikkausliiga.
Michael scored and assisted as VPS thrashed Honka 3-0 at Tapiolan Urheilupuisto. The 25-year-old skillfully slotted past the goalkeeper to double his side's advantage in first half stoppage time and provided the assist for VPS' third goal in the 65th minute.
A division lower, former Flying Eagles forward Alhaji Gero took his tally for the season to eight goals as Turun Palloseura and SJK Seinäjoki II shared the spoils at OmaSpStadion.
Gero tapped in the opener in the fifth minute but saw his team surrender a two-goal advantage to draw 2-2.
In the Slovakian Nike Liga, Hilary Gong helped table topping AS Trencin register an impressive 3-0 road win at FC Košice.
A minute before halftime, Gong moved the ball twice in front of the opponent's penalty area until he found the shooting range and slotted home to double AS Trencin's advantage.
In the Austrian 2 Liga, Oluwaseun Adewumi came off the bench to wrap up the scoring in Floridsdorfer AC's 4-0 win over DSV Leoben at the Monte Schlacko Arena.
Three minutes into second half stoppage time, the 18-year-old scored his first-ever goal in the Austrian second tier.
Over to the Belarus Premier League, 22-year-old winger Raymond Adeola, 22, continued his rich vein of form as Gomel beat FK Minsk 2-0.
Adeola converted from the spot to increase the lead six minutes into the second half. He has been involved in five goals (1 goal, 4 assists) in his last five games.
In the Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Stephen Chinedu's 73rd minute goal secured a 1-0 win for NK Siroki Brijeg against FK Sarajevo.
In Lithuania's A Lyga, former Aston Villa youth teamer Colin Odutayo, 22, netted the decisive goal after 20 minutes as FK Riteriai defeated DFK Dainava Alytus 1-0.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football