'He won't come as a gift', 'A striker is coming in winter' - Eintracht Frankfurt chiefs react to Gift Orban interestPublished: September 23, 2023
Gift Orban's possible move to German Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt in the January transfer window is gathering pace with Eintracht Frankfurt sports director Markus Krösche and president of the Eagles, Peter Fischer refusing to deny the reports.
The KAA Gent marksman has started following Eintracht Frankfurt on Instagram, fueling speculation that a transfer could be on the cards when the transfer window reopens for business.
Orban was a player of interest to both Lille and Tottenham Hotspur in the summer transfer window but a move did not happen with Jonathan David, the player he was supposed to replace, staying put at the French Ligue 1 club while the north London club went for a player with Premier League experience in Brennan Johnson.
Eintracht Frankfurt are targeting Orban as a replacement for Randal Kolo Muani who transferred to Paris Saint-Germain on deadline day.
Meeting Orban's price tag believed to be in the region of 30 million euros won't be an issue for Eintracht Frankfurt as there's no shortage of funds in their transfer kitty, having sold Muani to PSG for a fee of €95 million plus bonuses.
Reacting to Frankfurt's link with Orban, sports director Markus Krösche told sge4ever.de: "There are a lot of interesting players ."
"He won’t come as a gift", Krösche said, referring to Orban's first name.
Responding to a fan in a comment on Instagram, Frankfurt president Fischer said: "A striker is coming in winter."
Board Member Axel Hellmann had previously confirmed that Eintracht Frankfurt would be signing a striker in the winter transfer market without revealing the identity of the player.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football