Schoolboy striker eligible for Nigeria and Denmark scores hat-trick for Arsenal youth teamPublished: September 23, 2023
Denmark youth international of Nigerian descent, Chidozie Obi-Martin netted his first competitive hat-trick for Arsenal youth team as the U18s beat Southampton 4-0 in an U18 Premier League match on Saturday.
Obi-Martin is his final season as a schoolboy and will sign a scholarship deal with the Gunners ahead of the start of the 2024-2025 campaign.
Arsenal's dominance was rewarded in the 38th minute when the Golden Eaglets-eligible striker finished at the near post to give the visitors the lead.
Zecevic-John, with a close range effort, doubled Arsenal's advantage just before the hour mark, and Obi-Martin netted his second of the afternoon in the 71st minute to put the game beyond the reach of the young Saints.
Obi-Martin celebrated his first competitive hat-trick for Arsenal youth teams in the 86th minute when he scored with a powerful shot.
The 15-year-old lasted the entire duration of the contest, along with another striker of Nigerian descent, Daniel Oyetunde.
Academy chief Per Mertesacker pulled off a transfer coup by persuading Obi-Martin to join Arsenal instead of London rivals, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur who were also interested in the talented teenager.
Today's clash against Southampton was Obi-Martins' first-ever start for Arsenal in the U18 Premier League.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football