Watch: Man Utd U18 striker eligible for Nigeria and Spain scores again from the spotPublished: September 23, 2023
Spanish-born striker of Nigerian descent, Victor Musa scored from the penalty spot for the second weekend running as Manchester United edged a five-goal thriller against Sunderland in an U18 Premier League match at the Academy of Light Training Ground on Saturday.
Last Saturday, Musa netted a dramatic winner in stoppage time, converting a penalty to secure all three points for United in a come-from-behind 2-1 win against Nottingham Forest.
Against the Black Cats today, the young Red Devils were awarded a penalty fourteen minutes in after Sunderland defender Jenson Jones brought down Shea Lacey.
Musa slotted into the bottom corner to make it back-to-back goals in the U18 Premier League after firing blanks in his first three games in all competitions for the U18s in the new season.
Thomas Watson equalized in the 49th minute but Ashton Missin restored the visitors' one-goal advantage, only for Jones to level matters with eight minutes left on the clock.
Just as it seemed both teams would settle for a share of the spoils, Finley McAllister tapped the ball into the net in the fifth minute of stoppage time to secure three points for Manchester United.
Musa has grown and grown in stature since joining Manchester United in the summer of 2021.
He made his competitive debuts in the FA Youth Cup and U18 Premier League whilst still a schoolboy and played his first-ever game in the UEFA Youth League on Wednesday.
Watch below as Musa converts a first half penalty against Sunderland:
Photo Credit: manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football