German-Nigerian forward Schade injured in warm-up ahead of Brentford v EvertonPublished: September 23, 2023
Super Eagles-eligible forward Kevin Schade could not take to the Gtech Community Stadium pitch for the ongoing Premier League game between Brentford and Everton.
The Germany international was initially supposed to start in attack against the Toffees but manger Thomas Frank had to hand a very late call-up to Keane Lewis-Potter after Schade went down injured in the warm-up.
Schade is set to undergo further tests but the initial prognosis is that he has suffered a groin injury.
The 21-year-old has now joined left-back Rico Henry, who is set to miss the remainder of the season, and Ben Mee who suffered a knock at Newcastle United, in the treatment room.
Schade joined the Bees on a permanent deal in the summer and scored his first goal in the Premier League in a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace last month.
Meanwhile, two other players of Nigerian descent in the form of Super Eagles midfielder Frank Onyeka and England youth teamer Michael Olakigbe are on the bench if needed later on in the game.
Everton had a precious lead under six minutes and it came from their best source of goals under Sean Dyche, Abdoulaye Doucoure - his seventh goal in the Premier League in 2023.
Mathias Jensen equalized for Brentford in the 28th minute when he slotted home into the bottom corner.
Photo Credit: brentfordfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football