'He is going to sign an important contract' - Fabrizio Romano on the future of Arsenal super kid NwaneriPublished: September 24, 2023
Italian transfer market expert Fabrizio Romano has provided an update on the future of Golden Eaglets-eligible attacking midfielder Ethan Nwaneri at Premier League giants Arsenal.
In June, Nwaneri ended speculation about his future by agreeing a scholarship deal with the Gunners, which will be upgraded to a professional contract when he turns 17 in six months time.
The likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City were interested in signing the England underage international of Nigerian descent before he committed his future to Arsenal.
Nwaneri has been arguably Arsenal U21s standout performer in the new season, having netted his first competitive hat-trick for the age group, and also opened his account in the Premier League 2 and UEFA Youth League.
The Anglo-Nigerian wonderkid wrote his name into the history books as the youngest-ever player to feature in the Premier League when he made his senior debut at Brentford on September 18, 2022 aged 15 years and 181 days, beating the record held by Harvey Elliott.
Sharing an update on the future of Nwaneri, Romano said on Here We Go podcast, via The Boot Room: "Another contract extension they completed in the summer, it was a scholarship deal but he is going to sign an important contract.
"He will continue his process at Arsenal, Nwaneri is one of the new guys, born in 2007.
"We have many (young players) around the world arriving on the big stage I think Nwaneri is going to be one of the next ones because he is a special talent and arsenal is going to extend his contract, not just the scholarship deal already signed in the summer but with a long-term deal also in the future."
Nwaneri has registered seven goal involvements (5 goals, 2 assists) in six appearances for Arsenal's youth teams in the new season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football