Update: Gent throw in the towel on Gift Orban's suspension, confirm striker won't play WednesdayPublished: September 26, 2023
Belgian Pro League side KAA Gent have thrown in the towel on Gift Orban's suspension proposal from Belgium's Federal Public Prosecutor's Office.
In a moment of madness, Orban was shown a straight red card in the matchday eight tie against Eupen after he pushed Rune Paeshuyse in the 45th minute.
The Federal Public Prosecutor's Office proposed that the 2023 Super Eagles invitee will serve a two-match ban, with one of the games deferred.
Gent confirmed on Tuesday morning that the club has decided to accept the suspension proposal for Orban , adding that the prolific striker is not eligible to be fielded in Wednesday's showdown against the champions Antwerp at Bosuilstadion.
It is believed that Orban got a slap on the wrist from the Federal Public Prosecutor's Office because he was a first offender.
The 21-year-old had an exemplary disciplinary record before the visit of Eupen, with nine yellow cards and no red in 56 games combined for Stabæk Fotball and Gent.
Orban missed two of the last three games played by Gent after aggravating an injury he suffered whilst on international duty with the Super Eagles earlier this month.
He started the season on fire with six goals in his first six games but has gone cold in front of goal in recent weeks with no goal in five appearances.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football