'He has lost credibility' - Ex-Real Madrid striker reacts to Osimhen's touchline row with Napoli coachPublished: September 26, 2023
Former Real Madrid striker Antonio Cassano has reacted to Victor Osimhen's touchline row with Napoli coach Rudi Garcia during the second half of the Serie A meeting against Bologna at the Stadio Renato Dall'Ara on Sunday evening.
The Nigeria international is experiencing a dry spell in front of his goal, having failed to find the back of the net in four consecutive matches for Napoli.
With four minutes left on the clock, Garcia substituted Osimhen for Giovanni Simeone, which triggered an angry reaction from Osimhen.
When leaving the pitch, the Super Eagles star was visibly angry and as he made his way to the bench, he threw away his jacket.
Osimhen was spotted explaining to Garcia that it was necessary to play with two center forwards, rather than taking him off for Simeone.
Cassano is of the opinion that Garcia has lost the dressing room and urged the French coach to discipline Osimhen by freezing him out of the squad.
"Garcia after that gesture by Osimhen he has lost credibility. The coach in the locker room doesn't mean s**t anymore, the game is over. One of his players told him in front of the whole world to add two strikers," he told Bobo TV, via Tuttomercatoweb.
"It's not like Kvara who sends him to hell, here we are beyond. Now Garcia either puts Osimhen out of the squad or you no longer count for anything and you're boiled."
Rudi Garcia was appointed coach of Napoli in June 2023, replacing Luciano Spalletti who led the club to win their first Serie A title in 33 years.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football