EFL Cup: Ozoh makes season debut for Palace as goals from Garnacho, Casemiro, Martial hand Man Utd winPublished: September 26, 2023
David Ozoh made his season debut for Crystal Palace while former Golden Eaglets invitee Malcolm Ebiowei and 2023 Flying Eagles invitee Ademola Ola-Adebomi were unused substitutes in the Eagles' 3-0 loss to Manchester United in the third round of the Carabao Cup played at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
Alejandro Garnacho opened the scoring for the home side in the 21st minute with a precise shot into the middle of the goal.
Six minutes later, Casemiro doubled Manchester United's lead with a bullet header from Mason Mount's corner kick.
The Brazilian midfielder also had a hand in the third goal as it was his precise pass that led to Anthony Martial's strike.
Talented midfielder, Ozoh who is also the Eagles' youngest Premier League debutant made his Carabao Cup bow in the 80th minute when he came on for Jairo Riedewald.
Before his appearance tonight, he had only made one appearance in all competitions this season which was in the EFL Trophy.
For Ebiowei, he has made two appearances for Crystal Palace's development side in the Premier League 2 this season and one appearance in the EFL Trophy.
Ola-Adebomi on the other hand has made 5 appearances in the Premier League 2 for the Londoners.
Photo Credit: manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football