Video mocking Osimhen: Agent reveals Super Eagles striker could take legal action against NapoliPublished: September 26, 2023
Victor Osimhen's agent Roberto Calenda through an official statement has threatened to take legal action against Napoli for the denigratory video posted on the club's official TikTok platform mocking the Nigerian striker for his penalty miss against Bologna on matchday 5 of the Serie A on Sunday evening.
As revealed by Fabrizio Romano, the action has not been taken lightly by Calenda and he has vowed to protect his client.
Osimhen had the opportunity to break the deadlock in the 72nd minute for the Parthenopeans in their barren draw with Bologna from the penalty spot but wasted the opportunity.
The penalty miss was not the only talking point from the game as the Super Eagles forward reacted angrily to being substituted by Napoli manager, Rudi Garcia.
The statement from Calenda threatening legal action against the Italian outfit reads thus:
"What happened today on Napoli's official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable. A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted.
"A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news.
"We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor".
Osimhen has been struggling in front of goal of late, failing to score in his last four games for the Serie A defending champions.
Napoli have had an average start to the season picking 8 points out of a possible 15 which is their worst point tally since the 2015/2016 season.
A fight with their star striker is the last thing they would have hoped for as they intend to turn their season around.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football