Video mocking Osimhen: Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis makes decision on social media managerPublished: September 28, 2023
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has reportedly met the club's social media in a room of the Britannique hotel following the publication of a TikTok video mocking Victor Osimhen after he missed a penalty in the penultimate round of matches in the Italian top flight.
According to La Stampa, via Area Napoli, Napoli's social media manager has apologized for the video posted on TikTok which the Nigeria international did not like.
Osimhen, through his agent Roberto Calenda, threatened to take legal action against the Parthenopeans who posted and deleted the video mocking the striker.
Aurelio De Laurentiis tempered justice with mercy as he has decided not to relieve the social media media of his duties.
Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea are monitoring the fallout between Osimhen and Napoli, and could step up their interest in the Nigeria international if the relationship between club and player is not repaired.
However, a departure from Napoli in the January transfer window looks unlikely given that Osimhen will miss several weeks next year as he is expected to be involved with the Nigeria national team at the Africa Cup of Nations barring an injury.
Napoli are faced with the dilemma of the striker's asking price dropping if he does not put pen to paper on a new deal given that he would enter the final year of his current contract at the end of this season.
For the first time in his career, Osimhen scored in five consecutive matches against the same opponent as Napoli thrashed Udinese 4-1 on Wednesday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football