Eintracht's search for a No. 9: Gift Orban, Brazilian who faced Flying Eagles, Ivorian, Norwegian consideredPublished: September 29, 2023
Eintracht Frankfurt are scouring the market for a new center forward to bolster Dino Toppmöller's squad for the second half of the 2023-2024 season.
It was too late for the Eagles to sign a replacement for Randal Kolo Muani who switched to Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of 95 million euros on deadline day.
Without the talismanic Frenchman, Eintracht Frankfurt have scored four goals after five matches in the new Bundesliga season - the joint worst in the division along with VfL Bochum, Cologne and Mainz.
To fix the goalscoring problems, Frankfurt need to sign a center forward in January 2024 when the transfer window reopens for business.
According to Bild, making reference to 90min, Orban, Celta Vigo striker Strand Larsen, Red Bull Salzburg attacker Karim Konaté and Brazilian starlet Marcos Leonardo are the players being considered for the number 9 role by Eintracht Frankfurt's recruitment team.
Karim Konaté is a 9-time Ivory Coast international while Leonardo was the standout player for the Brazil team at the 2023 Fifa U20 World Cup having scored in all the matches he played in with the exception of the 2-0 win against the Flying Eagles.
Norway international Strand Larsen was involved in three goals as the Scandinavians thrashed Jordan 6-0 in a friendly this month.
Orban has been on fire since moving to Europe, scoring 45 goals in 57 matches, and was linked with possible moves to Tottenham Hotspur and Lille in the summer transfer window.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football