Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clashPublished: September 30, 2023
Arsenal insider and youth team expert Jeorge Bird has indicated that England U17 international of Nigerian descent, Ethan Nwaneri is nursing an injury.
The attacking midfielder has not figured for the Arsenal teams since making his debut for the U19s in the UEFA Youth League against PSV Eindhoven on September 20.
Three days after netting on his UEFA Youth League debut, the talented teenager sat out Arsenal U21s' trip to Manchester United in the Premier League 2 and was also conspicuously missing from the squad that played out a 1-1 draw with Everton U21s on Friday.
First team manager Mikel Arteta did not call him up for the Carabao Cup clash versus Brentford, further fueling speculation that all is not well.
Jeorge Bird has confirmed that Nwaneri is still recovering from an undisclosed injury and did not put a timeframe on his return to action.
Nwaneri was in arguably the best form of his career prior to his spell on the sidelines, having scored or assisted in all the matches he was involved in with the exception of the loss to Nottingham Forest in the Premier League 2.
The 16-year-old scored his first competitive hat-trick of his Arsenal youth team career against Leicester City U21s, was also on target against Reading and PSV while providing assists in the wins against West Ham U21s and the first team of Swindon Town.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football