Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at BayernPublished: September 30, 2023
Nigeria legend Austin Okocha says he's impressed with Harry Kane's start to life at German champions Bayern Munich.
The England captain became the most expensive player signed by a Bundesliga club last month after ending his 19-year association with Tottenham Hotspur in exchange for 100 million euros.
Regarded as one of the best strikers in the world, Kane has been firing on all cylinders since transferring to Bayern, scoring 8 goals and registering four assists from seven all-competition appearances.
Bayern Munich were in need of a prolific forward after the sale of Robert Lewandowski to Barcelona in the summer of 2022.
The Poland captain racked up 344 goals in 375 matches for Bayern Munich, winning eight Bundesliga titles, plus the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup.
Former Eintracht Frankfurt dazzler Okocha noted that the Bavarians have had a good start to the 2023-2024 season due to the form of their number 9, Kane.
Speaking to LiveScore, Okocha said: "They [Bayern] have started the season very well, which would have been expected.
"It looks like the missing piece of the puzzle has been found in Kane. It's amazing how he's blended into the team.
"It might be the difference for Bayern because they've been starved of a striker since [Robert] Lewandowski left.
"So I think Kane's impact might be crucial for them."
Harry Kane will be looking to add to his tally when Bayern Munich face RB Leipzig at the Red Bull Arena on Saturday evening.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football