2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man UtdPublished: September 30, 2023
2023 Flying Eagles invitee Ademola Ola-Adebomi received his first-ever call-up for a Premier League game as Crystal Palace defeated Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford on Saturday evening.
Crystal Palace faced the Red Devils twice in the space of five days after they were defeated 3-0 in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday.
Roy Hodgson named three Nigeria-eligible players in his matchday squad for the second straight game, with midfielder David Ozoh, 2019 Golden Eaglets invitee Malcolm Ebiowei and Ola-Adebomi retaining their spots.
None of the aforementioned players were given minutes in today's clash against Erik ten Hag's team.
Joachim Andersen scored what proved to be the winning goal inside twenty-five minutes when he smashed the ball into the top corner.
With the win, Hodgson became the first manager to be undefeated in five consecutive Premier League games at Old Trafford, having won three and drawn twice.
Ola-Adebomi joined Crystal Palace eleven years ago, rising through the youth team ranks to sign his first professional contract in April 2022.
The 20-year-old trained with the Flying Eagles in Abuja before the 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.
Photo Credit: manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- 'He's often in the right place' - 1988 European Championship winner Kieft praises Ajax super-sub Akpom
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football