Quick and direct winger signs new contract with ChelseaPublished: October 01, 2023
Talented teenager Shaun Wade has taken to social media to announce that he has signed a new deal with Premier League club Chelsea.
The 17-year-old, who started the 2023-2024 season as a first year scholar, has put pen to paper on his first professional contract.
As per Premier League rules, all players in their U17 year are required to start the season on a scholarship agreement, before they are permitted to sign a first professional football contract on or after their 17th birthday.
Chelsea's official website describes Wade as 'quick and direct winger who exhibits an unrelenting desire to take on opponents and contribute to both the creation and scoring of goals.
Wade has played nonstop at Chelsea since he was poached from Bristol City at the end of his U14 season.
He wrote on Instagram: "Proud moment for me and my family signing my first professional contract".
This season, he has represented the Blues in the U18 Premier League and U18 Premier League Cup, featuring off the bench in both games.
Born in England, Wade has international caps for Republic of Ireland at U16 and U17 levels.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football