'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd linksPublished: October 01, 2023
Victor Osimhen has declared his commitment to Napoli amidst interest from English giants, Manchester United and Chelsea.
The relationship between Osimhen and the 2022/2023 Serie A champions appeared to have gone sour when his agent Roberto Calenda threatened to take legal action against the club for a video posted on their official TikTok account mocking the Nigeria international.
The 24-year-old has also shown his anger on the pitch by refusing to celebrate his last two goals which raised the notion that he had become unhappy with the club and could be on the verge of leaving.
This has led to the re-emergence of the news that Chelsea and Manchester United are still interested in his services after failing to secure his signature in the summer transfer window.
The English clubs have had a poor start to their campaign which explains their interest in the services of the Nigeria international.
Osimhen in a personal statement released on Sunday evening, and made available to Fabrizio Romano, has declared his love for Napoli and has rebutted the claims that he is being ill-treated.
"Coming to the City of Naples in 2020 was a wonderful decision for me. The People of Napoli have shown me so much love and kindness, and I will not allow anyone to come between us.
"The passion of the People of Naples fuels my fire to always play with my heart and soul, and the love for the badge is unwavering as I wear it with pride.
"The accusations against People of Naples are untrue. I have a lot of friends that are Napolitans and have become part of my family and everyday life. I appreciate Nigerians and everyone for lending their voices to support and reach out to me.
"I’m forever grateful. Let’s support unity, respect and understanding. FORZA NAPOLI SEMPRE"
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football