Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the doublePublished: October 01, 2023
Kelechi Iheanacho helped table-topping Leicester City to a dominant 4-1 win over Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on Sunday.
The Super Eagles striker has now scored penalties in back-to-back away games after converting an 82nd minute spot kick in the win against Rovers.
Wout Faes, with a header, broke the deadlock in the fourth minute and Sammie Szmodics leveled matters for the Lancashire side in the ninth minute, before Jamie Vardy's goal in the 28th minute restored the Foxes one-goal advantage.
Leicester City were awarded a penalty in the 81st minute after Hayden Carter was penalized for fouling Jannik Vestergaard in the area.
With Vardy not on the pitch following his substitution, Iheanacho was on penalty duty and the Nigeria international didn't miss from the spot as he sent the goalkeeper the wrong way for his third goal of the season.
Iheanacho opened the scoring for Leicester City from the penalty spot in their 2-0 win against Norwich City at Carrow Road on September 20.
Elsewhere, former Flying Eagles striker Akor Adams was the star of the show as Montpellier returned to winning ways after four games without a victory in the French Ligue 1.
Adams opened and closed the scoring as Montpellier thrashed Lorient 3-0 at the Stade du Moustoir.
The former Lillestrom man has mustered five goals for Montpellier in the French top flight, bettered only by Paris Saint Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe who has tallied seven goals.
Photo Credit: lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football