Key stat shows dogged Tottenham left-back Udogie is the dirtiest player in the Premier League this seasonPublished: October 02, 2023
Football statistics website Whoscored.com has beamed its searchlight on the dirtiest player in the English Premier League so far this season.
Tottenham Hotspur left-back Destiny Udogie holds the unwanted record for most fouls committed after seven matches in the top flight of English football in 2023-2024.
The Italy U21 international of Nigerian descent ranks first with sixteen fouls committed across seven games in 595 minutes of action.
Having spent the entirety of last season on loan at Udinese, it has been a baptism of fire for the dogged fullback as he has come up against the finest wingers in the Premier League, so it is not surprising he has been named as the most prolific fouler in the division.
Despite his young age and lack of Premier League experience prior to this season, Udogie did a very good job against Manchester United's Antony and Liverpool's Mohamed Salah, and also performed admirably in his 1v1 duel with Bukayo Saka in the second half of Tottenham's 2-2 draw with Arsenal.
The 20-year-old committed four fouls each against Arsenal and Bournemouth, three apiece in the wins versus Manchester United and Liverpool and two on his Premier League debut at Brentford.
It is worth mentioning that Udogie was professional in his defensive duties against Premier League new boys Sheffield United and Burnley as he did not commit any foul in both games.
Completing the top six dirtiest players in the Premier League are Wolverhampton Wanderers' João Gomes (15), West Ham United's Lucas Paquetá (15), Crystal Palace's Jordan Ayew (13), Aston Villa's Boubacar Kamara (13) and Liverpool's Alexis Mac Allister (13).
Currently on three yellow cards, Udogie is walking a disciplinary tightrope as he would be given an automatic one-match suspension if he collects two more yellow cards within the next twelve games.
Photo Credit: tottenhamhotspur.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football