'My feet is also working very well' - Southampton loanee Onuachu plays down talk of being an aerial threatPublished: November 05, 2023
Super Eagles forward Paul Onuachu has admitted that his height gives him an edge over opposing defenders but also claimed he is better with his feet.
The 28-year-old has found a new lease of life with Süper Lig side Trabzonspor with whom he is spending a season-long loan.
The Southampton loanee was on target for the Turkish outfit in their 3-2 win over Bright Osayi-Samuel's Fenerbahçe yesterday, finding the back of the net with an accurate header in the 10th minute.
The lanky striker, who is renowned for his heading prowess and winning aerial duels has admitted that his height gives him an advantage over his markers, and also highlighted his ball-playing ability.
The former Jupiler Pro League top scorer made this admission after his goal from another header yesterday.
Speaking to reporters after the game, Onuachu stated: "I am tall and you can also see that I use it sometimes my height but I also have a lot of qualities with my feet even better than my head.
"Being tall is one advantage and I have quality with my feet and you could see it with some of my actions. Being tall is an advantage but my feet is also working very well."
Onuachu has only failed to score in three appearances in the Süper Lig this term, recording 4 goals and one assist in 7 games.
The Nigeria international has some catching to do if he is to win the top scorer award as he is 6 goals behind leading marksman Edin Džeko.
Photo Credit: trabzonspor.org.tr
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football