'A club cannot destroy my career' - Gift Orban hits out at Gent in explosive interview after scoringPublished: November 06, 2023
In an explosive interview shortly after KAA Gent's 3-1 road win over Sporting Charleroi in the Jupiler Pro League on Sunday, 2023 Super Eagles invitee Gift Orban threatened to quit the Buffalo's if manager Hein Vanhaezebrouck does not give him more playing time.
Orban came off the bench in the 80th minute and increased the lead ten minutes later with a ferocious strike into the bottom corner to make it 3-0.
This is the second time he has scored after he was introduced as a substitute in his last three appearances for Gent.
Orban has admitted that he is going through difficult times and the main issue he pointed out is that he is no more a key player for the East Flanders club, having started six out of a possible thirteen games in the league this term.
The CAF men's Young Player of the Year nominee has indicated that he is ready to move onto pastures new if his situation does not improve, but underlined that he has yet to hold clear-the-air talks with the Gent coach.
In quotes relayed by Het Nieuwsblad, Orban explained: "I am not a player who gains confidence when he comes on.
"I am a player who starts and must be able to grow in a match. A club cannot destroy my career. I keep working. If it doesn't work here, go somewhere else."
Orban has approximately three and a half years left on his contract with Gent, whom he joined from Stabæk Fotball in January 2023.
The 21-year-old was linked with possible moves to Tottenham Hotspur and Lille in the summer transfer window but none of the moves materialized before the deadline and he eventually remained at Gent for the time being.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football