Bayern Munich prioritised the signing of Tottenham legend over Victor BonifacePublished: November 15, 2023
Bayern Munich passed up the opportunity to sign Victor Boniface in the summer before he moved to Bayer Leverkusen.
According to Sport Bild via FCBInside, the Nigerian striker was offered to the Bavarians but they turned down the chance in order to sign Tottenham icon Harry Kane.
The report added that Bayern Munich were looking for an experienced center forward and thus the reason they settled for Kane instead of the Super Eagles forward.
Boniface was also offered to Borrusia Dortmund but they opted not to sign him while Union Berlin were priced out of a move.
While Union Berlin and Borussia Dortmund might be regretting the decision not to sign the 22-year-old, the same can not be said of Bayern Munich whose decision to sign Kane has paid off so far.
The England skipper is the leading top scorer in the Bundesliga at the moment with 17 goals and is on course to break the record set by Robert Lewandowski for the most goals scored in a season in the German top flight.
Boniface has also been in excellent form for Bayer Leverkusen, recording 7 goals and five assists so far this campaign and has won three Bundesliga Rookie of the Month awards.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football