Official: Talented Golden Eaglets-eligible striker signs new West Ham deal, six months after leaving ChelseaPublished: November 16, 2023
Through a statement on their official website, West Ham United have announced that Golden Eaglets-eligible center forward, Josh Ajala has signed a new deal with the club.
The talented teenager has put pen to paper on his first professional contract, six months after the Hammers confirmed his signing on a scholarship deal for the 2023-2024 season.
In April 2023, he was a member of the Chelsea U17 side that took part in the Future Cup - a prestigious youth tournament hosted by Ajax Amsterdam.
Regarded as one of the brightest attacking prospects in London during his time at Chelsea, Ajala signed his pro deal at the iconic Chadwell Heath training ground.
In the current season, Ajala has mustered four goals in nine appearances combined in the U18 Premier League and U18 Premier League Cup, not a bad return considering that he made his U18s debut three months ago..
Commenting on Ajala's new deal, Academy Manager Kenny Brown said: "Josh is a natural finisher who had scored goals throughout his schoolboy years at Chelsea and is continuing his goalscoring feats here with us.
"He is enjoying his football and has already become a valuable member of the U18 squad and has been a key player in our impressive start to the season."
Ajala found the net for West Ham's development squad in a friendly against Canvey Island over the summer.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football