Liverpool target Dorgu reveals Chelsea are his favourite club, Chukwueze his toughest opponentPublished: November 16, 2023
In an interview with Danish media, Lecce fullback and Denmark U21 international of Nigerian descent, Patrick Dorgu revealed that Premier League giants Chelsea are his favourite club.
In recent months, the Danish-Nigerian young star has been linked with the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City, Barcelona and Juventus but he has admitted that his preferred destination is the Premier League, specifically Chelsea.
Dorgu, who recently turned 19, has had a huge breakthrough in Lecce this season, which has also paved the way for a place in Denmark's U21 national team, which is currently in Spain.
In his first season in Italy, the Danish-Nigerian left-back helped Lecce U19s win the Primavera title, and this summer he joined the first team for pre-season preparations, where he did so well that he was promoted permanently to the first team squad.
"It's great to see that some of the biggest clubs in the world are looking at you," Dorgu said to Tipsbladet.
"My dream is of course the Premier League, but right now I am also in a really good place in my career. So if it were to be Italy, it's not all bad either."
When asked if he has a favourite club, Dorgu responded: " It's Chelsea. As a youngster I was a striker and a winger, so my idol was Hazard. I could very well see him when he played at Chelsea."
In conclusion, Dorgu revealed that his toughest opponent so far has been AC Milan's Nigerian winger Samuel Chukwueze, who he faced last Saturday as Lecce and AC Milan drew 2-2 in the Serie A.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football