Nigeria-eligible striker scores ten goals for Arsenal youth team in 14-3 win against LiverpoolPublished: November 18, 2023
Denmark U17 international of Nigerian descent, Chidozie Obi-Martin continues to prove he is a star of the future after playing a huge role in Arsenal U16s 14-3 win over Liverpool in a friendly.
The Flying Eagles-eligible striker was with the Gunners U16 team this weekend because he is not on international duty with the Danish U17 national team while the Gunners U18 and U21 teams don't have games due to the international break.
The Danish-Nigerian wonderkid accounted for ten of the fourteen goals netted by Arsenal U16s in their win against Liverpool.
England U16 international goalkeeper of Nigerian descent, Owen Asemota was also involved in the friendly.
Asemota and Obi-Martin are eligible to sign scholarship deals with Arsenal for the 2024-2025 season and it is confirmed that the latter is among the new intake of academy scholars having already put pen to paper on a pre-scholarship agreement.
This season, Obi-Martin made his debuts for Arsenal U19s and U21s in the UEFA Youth League and Premier League 2 respectively at the age of 15 - a testament to how highly he's rated by Arsenal's youth team coaches.
He scored his first competitive hat-trick for Arsenal U18s in a 4-0 win against Southampton on September 23.
Obi-Martin has also impressed on the international stage, having mustered seven goal in nine appearances for Denmark U17s since the start of the 2023-2024 season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football