Super Eagles starting XI: Arsenal alum Tella cap-tied; Chelsea product Aina,Iwobi, Moffi, Aribo start; Iheanacho benchPublished: November 19, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Super Eagles manager Jose Peseiro has announced his starting lineup for Sunday afternoon's crucial 2026 World Cup qualifying match between Zimbabwe and Nigeria at the Huye Stadium, Butare.
The Portuguese football tactician has made six changes to the team that started the 1-1 draw against Lesotho on Thursday, November 16.
Omonia Nicosia glovesman Francis Uzoho once again has been given the nod to start in goal ahead of Enyimba's Olorunleke Ojo and Bendel Insurance's Amas Obasogie.
Chelsea's Cobham product Ola Aina is preferred over Fenerbahce's Bright Osayi-Samuel for the right-back role, and completing the back four are Semi Ajayi, Calvin Bassey and Bruno Onyemaechi, who comes in for Jamilu Collins.
Arsenal academy product Nathan Tella, a non-playing substitute against Lesotho, will become cap-tied to Nigeria in the next three hours as he has been handed his debut by Jose Peseiro.
Another player with an Arsenal connection in Fullham star Alex Iwobi starts in central midfield along with Brentford's Frank Onyeka.
Versatile Southampton player Joe Aribo, Moses Simon and Terem Moffi complete the starting lineup, meaning Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho starts on the bench.
Nigeria's starting XI: Uzoho; Aina, Ajayi, Bassey, Onyemaechi; Onyeka, Iwobi, Tella, Moses Simon; Aribo, Moffi
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football