Nathan Tella becomes 20th internationally capped player in Bayer squad after Super Eagles debutPublished: November 20, 2023
Nathan Tella made his debut for the Super Eagles in the 1-1 draw with Zimbabwe yesterday in a 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifying game played at Huye Stadium in Rwanda.
Despite not featuring against Lesotho in the first qualifying game, the 24-year-old was handed a full debut by coach José Peseiro against the Warriors but had to be substituted after the first 45 minutes.
According to the statistics from Bayer Leverkusen's official Twitter handle, Tella became the 20th player to have been internationally capped among the club's present squad, spanning fourteen different countries.
The Hale End Academy product wasn't the only Bayer Leverkusen player to make his debut for his country during this international break, in-form left-back, Alex Grimaldo also made his first appearance for Spain in their 3-1 win over Cyprus in the 2024 UEFA European Championship qualifiers.
Having made his maiden appearance for Nigeria, Tella will be hoping he can become a regular member of the team for future games.
He could have the chance to represent the three-time African champions in a major tournament at the Africa Cup of Nations which is set to be staged in January 2024.
Photo Credit: Zimbabwe Football Association
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- 'He's often in the right place' - 1988 European Championship winner Kieft praises Ajax super-sub Akpom
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football