PL's latest winning goals: Iwobi's strike bettered only by Tottenham, Man Utd, Sheffield United starsPublished: November 20, 2023
As published on the Premier League official website, Alex Iwobi's strike for Everton in their 1-0 victory over Newcastle United at Goodison Park in the 2021/2022 season has been ranked as the 4th latest winning goal ever scored in Premier League history.
The Super Eagles midfielder's goal was timed at 98.20 minutes and he found the net when he played a quick one-two with Dominic Calvert-Lewin before putting the ball past Martin Dúbravka who was in goal for Newcastle in the encounter.
Dejan Kulusevski's winning strike (99.53 minute) for Tottenham Hotspur against Newcastle in September, Bruno Fernandes' goal (99.45 minute) for Manchester United in their 3-2 win over Brighton in the 2020/2021 season and Oliver Norwood's strike (99.17 minute) for Sheffield United in their 2-1 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers earlier this month are the only goals ranked higher than Iwobi's
The 27-year-old strike against the Magpies was one of the goals that saved Everton from getting relegated to the Championship in the 2021/2022 season.
He ended the campaign with just 4 goal involvements in 28 appearances in the said campaign.
Overall, Iwobi has scored seventeen goals in the Premier League - 11 in the colors of boyhood club Arsenal and six across four seasons at the Toffees.
The Hale End Academy graduate is nineteen games away from reaching a milestone of 250 games in the Premier League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football