Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia DortmundPublished: November 29, 2023
Samuel Chukwueze scored his first-ever goal for AC Milan in their 3-1 loss to Borussia Dortmund on matchday 5 of the UEFA Champions League played at the San Siro on Tuesday night.
Marco Reus gave Borussia Dortmund the lead from the penalty spot after Jamie Bynoe-Gittens was brought down by David Calabria.
It was Samuel Chukwueze who would restore parity for the home side in the 37th minute with a brilliant finish albeit deflected.
The 24-year-old got the ball on the right-hand side, weaved past Ramy Bensebaini and Bynoe-Gittens skillfully, and fired the ball into the bottom corner which was deflected into the goalpost by Nico Schlotterbeck.
Bynoe-Gittens restored Borussia Dortmund's lead in the 59th minute as ge fired the ball into the bottom left corner from Marcel Sabitzer's pass.
Karim Adeyemi sealed the victory for the Bundesliga side with a shot too powerful to be saved by Mike Maignan, the Rossoneri goalkeeper.
Chukwueze had 51 touches of the ball, completed 86% of his passes, made 2 key passes, completed 4 of the 8 dribbles he attempted and won six of the ground duels he contested.
He has made twelve appearances across all competitions for Stefano Pioli's side and has mustered two goal involvements
The result leaves AC Milan rock bottom of Group F with 5 points and have to win their upcoming game against Newcastle to stand a chance of qualifying for the round of 16.
Photo Credit: acmilan.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football