Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with ChelseaPublished: November 29, 2023
Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola believes Victor Osimhen would be a perfect fit for Real Madrid amid speculation linking the Nigeria international with a move to Chelsea next summer.
The record European champions lost the services of Karim Benzema in the summer transfer window and need a replacement.
Joselu was signed in the summer but the La Liga giants aren't satisfied with the Spanish international and have been linked with other forwards.
French star Kylian Mbappé has been heavily linked with the club for a while but PSG have been reluctant to let him leave and Osimhen was also reported to have caught their attention in the summer.
Zola has opined that the Napoli striker or Manchester City ace Erling Haaland would be a better signing for the Los Blancos instead of Mbappé.
"There are many big names such as Mbappe, Erling Haaland, and even Osimhen, who I see as a perfect fit for Real Madrid. Mbappe is slightly different from Haaland, and I don't think Manchester City will let Haaland leave easily.
"I might choose Mbappe, given his talent and personality, he is the right fit, but he is more of a winger than a striker, so in my opinion Haaland or Osimhen would be better as they are classic centre forwards. Every coach has his own vision." he told Koora.com via Football Italia.
Osimhen would have another chance to make an impression on Real Madrid's hierarchy tonight when Napoli take them on at the Bernabeu on matchday 5 of the UEFA Champions League.
He also played in the first encounter between those sides but failed to score and would be hoping he scores his first-ever goal against the Spanish outfit in today's encounter.
The 24-year-old is also being courted by Chelsea who will be ready to maximize his availability should Napoli decide to cash in on him next summer.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football