'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidencePublished: November 30, 2023
Nathan Tella was the Bayer Leverkusen player selected for media duties on Wednesday, on the eve of the German Bundesliga side's Europa League meeting with BK Häcken at the Ullevi Stadium - an indication that the winger will be involved in some capacity in the matchday five fixture against the Svenska Cupen winners.
The Hale End Academy product has been named in the starting lineup in each of the four matchday squads announced by manager Xabi Alonso in this season's Europa League.
Tella, a summer signing from Southampton, netted his first-ever Bundesliga goal in his last game before reporting for international duty for Nigeria's November internationals against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.
The versatile winger earned international recognition on November 19, making his starting debut in a 2026 World Cup qualifying match against the Warriors to become cap-tied to Nigeria for life.
Tella has admitted that his selection for the Super Eagles squad has given him confidence heading into Thursday's match against BK Hacken.
"It gives me a lot of confidence because obviously as a player you want to be involved in big games and big opportunities," Tella said to reporters in Gothenburg.
"Luckily being here I've had the opportunity to play four Europa League games, something I didn't think would be possible this time last year.
"And then to obviously represent my country shows I'm doing the right things so I feel like I've got a lot of confidence going into the game tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it."
Tella's international teammate, Victor Boniface will be named in Bayer Leverkusen's matchday squad against BK Hacken as he was among the twenty-two players that traveled to Sweden on Wednesday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football