Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and ZimbabwePublished: November 30, 2023
Football governing body, Fifa, on Thursday, November 30, 2023 published its latest ranking of National Teams.
Three-time African champions Nigeria have dropped to 42nd in the latest ranking released this morning, down two spots from the ranking announced at the end of October.
The Super Eagles were involved in two competitive matches in November, drawing their first two 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Lesotho and Zimbabwe - two nations below them in the Fifa rankings.
Nigeria are the sixth highest ranked country among Confederation of African Football Teams, with Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt the top five ranked African nations in that order.
Our rivals to book a ticket to the 2026 World Cup in the shape of South Africa, Benin, Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Lesotho are ranked 66th, 97th, 124th, 133rd and 148th respectively.
The Super Eagles' Africa Cup of Nations group opponents Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea and Guinea-Bissau are ranked 50th, 88th and 103rd respectively.
The top ten teams in the world are : Argentina, France, England, Belgium, Brazil, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia.
The next world ranking will be published by the official website of FIFA on December 21, 2023.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football