Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with GenkPublished: December 04, 2023
Gift Orban showed that he is more than a goalscorer during Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk at the Cegeka Arena in a Jupiler Pro League encounter on Sunday.
While the talented forward didn't get on the scoresheet in the clash, he demonstrated another facet of his game.
According to statistics from Gent's official X account, the 2023 Super Eagles invitee recorded the most sprints in their encounter with Genk.
This implies that the 21-year-old is not just a goal poacher but can also use his pace to worry opposition defences when he is not scoring.
Orban has come under criticism for his inability to influence games when he is not on the scoresheet but he showed today that he can also stretch defences with his blistering speed.
The diminutive striker has been struggling in the Jupiler Pro League this season and that has cost him his place in the starting XI.
He has started just 7 games in the Belgian top flight this season with today's appearance being his first start since October.
The Nigerian forward has made a total of 13 league appearances for the Buffalos this term and has three goals to his name.
While he has struggled to score consistently domestically, he is having a great campaign in Europe as he is the joint-top scorer in the UEFA Europa Conference League this season with five goals after five match days.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football