Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injuryPublished: December 04, 2023
Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo has booked an appointment with a specialist in order to determine the severity of the jaw injury he suffered during the first half of Wrexham's League Two meeting with Harrogate Town on Tuesday, November 28.
The Hale End Academy graduate played through the pain barrier in the opening 45 minutes against Harrogate Town and was replaced at halftime based on the advice of the club's medical team.
Red Dragons boss Phil Parkinson initially played down the injury suffered by Okonkwo ,saying he does not think the injury was a cause for concern, but the Nigerian missed out entirely on the gameday squad for Sunday's Emirates FA Cup clash against Yeovil Town.
Mark Howard continued to deputize for the injured Okonkwo as Wrexham defeated Yeovil Town 3-0 to advance to the third round of the Emirates FA Cup.
In quotes relayed by the Leader, Parkinson stated: "We will know more on Monday with Arthur.
"He is getting another opinion from the specialist. But you have got to give Mark credit."
Okonkwo joined Wrexham on loan for the remainder of the season in the hours leading up to the close of the summer transfer window and established himself as a first team regular in less than a month.
The 22-year-old has posted a decent six clean sheets in thirteen all-competition appearances since joining the Reds.
Photo Credit: wrexhamafc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football