German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summerPublished: December 06, 2023
Speaking ahead of his side's Cup clash with KAA Gent at the Daio Wasabi Stayen Stadium on Wednesday, Sint-Truidense VV's German manager Thorsten Fink revealed that Eintracht Frankfurt were in the running for the signature of Gift Orban in the summer transfer window and offered 20 million euros (approximately N17.3 billion) for the promising striker.
Fink has rued the lack of a proven goalscorer in his team, whereas Gent coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck has a wealth of strikers at his disposal including Orban.
Gent have scored 26 goals in the Jupiler Pro League with Tarik Tissoudali, Hugo Cuypers and Gift Orban accounting for half of the goals.
Sint-Truidense VV attackers Fatih Kaya, Kahveh Zahiroleslam and Rodolpho Barnes have yet to open their accounts in the Belgian top-flight after sixteen matchdays.
"Hein Vanhaezebrouck has a top attack," Fink was quoted as saying by Voetbal Belgie.
"Eintracht Frankfurt would have offered 20 million euros for Gift Orban in the summer, that says enough.
"He can choose Orban-Cuypers, Cuypers-Tissoudali or Tissoudali-Orban. This does not include any loss of quality. Not even a millimeter."
Tottenham Hotspur tested the waters regarding the signing of Orban in the summer transfer window and he was also a player of interest to Lille but the proposed transfer hinged on the departure of Jonathan David, which did not materialize.
Although Eintracht Frankfurt have been credited with an interest in Orban, the Eagles are now prioritizing the signing of his compatriot, Viktoria Plzeň's Rafiu Durosinmi, and have been linked with another center forward, Crystal Palace's Jean-Philippe Mateta in recent days.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football