Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club ArsenalPublished: December 06, 2023
Through a statement on their official website, Wrexham have announced that Arthur Okonkwo has temporarily returned to his parent club Arsenal for surgery on his jaw injury.
The Super Eagles-Eligible goalkeeper picked up the injury during the Red Dragons' 2-2 draw with Harrogate Town in a League Two Fixture last month.
According to the report, Okonkwo will return to Wrexham upon the completion of the surgery and has been duly assessed by the League Two outfit's medical team and that of Arsenal.
The Hale End Academy product might also be forced to wear a protective mask till he fully recovers.
The 22-year-old shot-stopper has been in stellar form since he arrived at the Racecourse ground in the summer, building on his impressive loan term with Sturm Graz last term.
He has featured in 13 games across all competitions for the Red Dragons and has kept six clean sheets.
With no certainty regarding when the shot-stopper will recover, Wrexham's manager Phil Parkinson will be hoping he returns to action very soon to help them achieve their objectives for the season.
They currently occupy 2nd position on the League Two table with 37 points garnered from twenty games and are also through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup.
Photo Credit: wrexhamafc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football