Snapped : Chelsea midfielder Chukwuemeka steps up his recovery from injuryPublished: December 08, 2023
Chelsea midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka has stepped up his recovery from the ankle injury he sustained against West Ham in August.
After failing to break into the starting XI in his first season at Stamford Bridge, the 20-year-old started Chelsea's first two Premier League games this season and scored his first goal for the club against the Hammers but saw his development affected by injury.
He initially returned to training in October and was named in the matchday squad against Burnley but suffered a relapse which has kept him until now.
The Anglo-Nigerian is one of the long list of absentees for Mauricio Pochettino's side whose side has been plagued by injuries for most of the season.
Super Eagles-eligible duo of Noni Madueke and Lesley Ugochukwu have also been victims of injuries having missed Chelsea's clash with Manchester United on Wednesday due to injuries.
The Blues are 11 points away from a position in the top four and trail the table-toppers Arsenal by a whopping 17 points.
While Christopher Nkunku is nearing full fitness, the Blues will also be buoyed by a possible return of Chukwuemeka.
Below is the picture Chukwuemeka posted on his Instagram stories on Thursday.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football