'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to NwaneriPublished: December 08, 2023
Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva has given some advice to Anglo-Nigerian midfielder Ethan Nwaneri and his teammate Myles Lewis-Skelly.
The duo appear to be the biggest prospects from Arsenal's famous Hale End Academy Product and recently made the matchday squad against Lens in the UEFA Champions League last month.
Nwaneri has made his senior debut having come on as a second-half substitute in a Premier League fixture against Brentford at the Gtech Community Stadium in September 2022.
Unlike the Anglo-Nigerian midfielder, Lewis-Skelly is yet to make his senior debut but that could change anytime soon if he continues with his development.
During an interview with Daily Canon, Silva shared his word of wisdom with the two youngsters as they continue to push for a permanent breakthrough into the first team.
"If you make mistakes, don't focus on the mistake, I think this sometimes happens. People when they play for the first time, they believe 'my first touch is important'.
"Yes, the first. The second. The third touch. The tenth touch. All of them are important.
"Don't focus on the mistakes, if you make one with the first touch, but focus on making things easier and simple. That's it."
Nwaneri has been fully promoted to the development squad this season and has made 4 appearances in the Premier League 2 and has five goal contributions.
He also has one goal to his name in the UEFA Youth League and bagged one assist in the EFL Trophy.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football