To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on OlisePublished: December 08, 2023
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson will have to make a late decision on whether 2021 Super Eagles invitee Michael Olise will be named in the starting lineup for the early Premier League kickoff against Liverpool at Selhurst Park on Saturday, December 9.
Approximately a month ago, the France U21 international returned to action after an injury layoff that kept him sidelined for more than four months.
Despite lacking match fitness and missing the whole of pre-season preparations, Olise has gone the distance in each of the last three games contested by Palace in the Premier League.
It is unusual for a player who just recovered from injury to be rushed into starting games as he could suffer a relapse.
Providing an update on the condition of Olise, Hodgson did not mince words, stating that Crystal Palace's medics have told him to be careful with the winger.
“After almost four months out and an enormous spike in his workload in the last two games, the sports science people are telling me to be very, very careful with him," Hodgson explained to Crystal Palace's official website.
“Not that is difficult because he’s a very good player and you don’t want to be careful with your best players, but it’s something we have to take into consideration. But as yet, we haven’t made a decision.
“We’ll talk to the sports science people and Michael himself tomorrow and then we’ll have to make a decision on can he start the game or not.”
Olise missed only one game in the Premier League over the course of the 2022-2023 campaign, while he has already missed eleven this season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football