Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston VillaPublished: December 09, 2023
England U17 international of Nigerian descent Ethan Nwaneri rubbed shoulders with Arsenal first team stars before their trip to Birmingham, where they take on another top three team Aston Villa in the Premier League this weekend.
According to Arsenal youth team expert Jeorge Bird, Nwaneri joined the first team to train on Friday as manager Mikel Arteta called him up to take part in their final preparations before the matchday 16 fixture.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta also requested that academy talents Amario Cozier-Duberry, Reuell Walters, Ayden Heaven, James Hillson, Josh Nichols, Bradley Ibrahim, Jimi Gower, Ismail Oulad M’Hand, Zane Monlouis and Charles Sagoe Jr. join the first team for the training session at London Colney.
It remains to be seen whether the Flying Eagles-eligible player will be incorporated into the first team squad against Aston Villa, something that seems unlikely to happen given that his last squad involvement for a Premier League game was back in September 2022 when he became the youngest player in history to play a game in the top-flight of English football.
Against Aston Villa, Arteta will not be able to call upon the services of three midfielders Emile Smith Rowe, Thomas Partey and Fabio Vieira who are all recovering from injuries.
First-year scholar Nwaneri can play centrally in midfield and is also comfortable being deployed as a winger.
The 16-year-old was having a superb season for Arsenal's development squad before suffering an injury that sidelined him for several weeks, netting five goals in his first six games for the U21s.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football