'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to inviteesPublished: December 09, 2023
Football agent Jolly Ogu, who claims to have brokered the deal to brought Jose Peseiro to Ngeria, has said that he doesn't believe in bringing a new shot-stopper to solve the goalkeeping crisis of the Super Eagles.
This stems from a report that Peseiro is ready to invite a new goalkeeper ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations next month.
As previously reported, Peseiro has landed in South Africa to run the rule over Stanley Nwabili whose Chipper United side will face Golden Arrows in in a DStv Premiership encounter today at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.
The 27-year-old was part of the Super Eagles squad that featured in an international friendly against Mexico in 2021 while he was still playing in the Nigerian top flight.
Ogu in an interview he granted recently revealed that he isn't aware of the contact with the South African-based shot-stopper and that he believes that priority should be given to those previously invited to the team.
"About the new goalkeeper, I am not aware of the contact but what I am saying is that we have other keepers that have been invited but have not been given chances," Ogu said.
"I have made my candid suggestions to him to try these goalkeepers out but he remains the coach, Adeleye in Israel, we have Ojo, we have some other fine ones like Sochima.
"I don't know why these ones have not been given chances and we are going for the ones we don't know.
"Let the keepers we have invited be given chances. You don't fail before you are examined. Let the keepers be given chances, if they don't do well, then we have to go for the ones wherever but how about the ones that have been invited but have not been given chances."
Francis Uzoho has been the first choice since Peseiro's charge but his unconvincing performances have led to the search for a new goalkeeper.
Nigeria is seeking to avoid what transpired at the last AFCON and the FIFA World Cup qualifiers where the lack of a quality goaltender cost them.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football