Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove backPublished: December 09, 2023
Three Super Eagles players were on target to help their respective clubs register wins in league matches on Saturday, December 9.
Wilfred Ndidi continued to play an integral role for Leicester City in their bid to regain promotion to the Premier League when he scored in Leicester City's 4-0 win over Plymouth in a Championship fixture at the King Power Stadium
The Nigeria midfielder got the Foxes' last goal of the encounter when he calmly slotted the ball home from Patson Daka's precise pass in the 55th minute.
During the 69 minutes the Nigeria international spent on the pitch, he recorded 27 touches completed 85% of his passes, missed 2 big chances and won 1 aerial duel.
He has now registered nine goal involvements (4 goals, 5 assists) for Enzon Maresca's side so far this season.
Cyriel Dessers bagged his 5th goal of the season in the Scottish Premiership during Rangers' 3-1 triumph over Dundee FC at the Ibrox Stadium.
In the 20th minute, Todd Cantwell put the Super Eagles' forward through on goal, he had his first effort blocked by the goalkeeper but was in the right place to score with a powerful strike that was deflected into the net.
Before his substitution in the 72nd minute, the 29-year-old had 28 touches of the ball, lost possession 12 times, completed 43% of his passes and put in a decent defensive shift by winning 2 of the ground duels he contested.
Today's goal took his goal contribution for Rangers to ten having registered 7 goals and three assists in 24 appearances.
Chidera Ejuke helped Royal Antwerp to a 3-1 win over Cercle Brugge in a Jupiler Pro League encounter at the Jan Breydel Stadium.
The 25-year-old grabbed Antwerp's second of the game three minutes before the hour mark to give the Belgian defending champions a two-goal cushion over their opponent.
After failing to get on the scoresheet in his first eight games as a Royal Antwerp player, Ejuke has scored three goals in his last five appearances across all competitions.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football