FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe AlexandraPublished: December 09, 2023
Talented Anglo-Nigerian forward Ethan Nwaneri put up a fantastic display as he scored five goals in Arsenal's 7-1 victory over Crewe Alexandra at Meadow Park on Saturday evening in the FA Youth Cup.
Lewis Nolan gave Crewe the lead and the 18-year-old's only strike was the difference between both sides after the end of the first half.
Nwaneri grabbed the home side's equaliser with a deflected effort before Luis Brown put Arsenal ahead from Michal Rosiak's corner kick.
The Nigeria-eligible player gave the home side a two-goal cushion which was his second of the game at the hour mark with an excellent strike.
Ten minutes later, Nwaneri stretched the lead with a clever flick with Sebastian Ferdinand and Osman Kamara being involved in the build-up to the goal.
His fourth and fifth goals were scored within the 74 minute with the first coming from a deflected shot while the other came from the edge of the box having been assisted by Kamarni Ryan.
Omari Benjamin got the young Gunners' last goal of the game with a tap-in in stoppage time.
Nwaneri started the game in attack but was moved into the midfield at the start of the second half with Jack Wilshere desperate to get his side back into the game.
After his glut today, the talented midfielder has now scored 10 goals this season across all competitions.
Arsenal have now moved to the fourth round of the FA Cup and will face either Fleetwood Town or Liverpool on January 20.
Photo Credit: arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football