Club legend Sherwood names Udogie among five Tottenham players that impressed him in win v NewcastlePublished: December 10, 2023
Tottenham Hotspur legend Tim Sherwood namechecked Destiny Udogie as he highlighted five players who impressed him during Tottenham's 4-1 rout of Newcastle United in a Premier League game at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday evening.
The Lilywhites continued their streak of scoring first in recent games when Udogie broke the deadlock in the 26th minute.
The left-back, who has often drifted into forward positions in his previous thirteen appearances in the Premier League without finding the net, opened his goalscoring account for Tottenham when he got himself in a wonderful position and got his foot on the ball after a Son Heung-min cross.
Brazilian striker Richarlison ended his goal drought in style by netting a brace, while captain Son Heung-min put the icing on the cake for Ange Postecoglou's side in the 85th minute when he converted a penalty.
The three Tottenham Hotspur goalscorers plus Pedro Porro and Dejan Kulusevski made an impression on Sherwood.
Speaking on Premier League Productions' Matchday Live, the former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder said: "Pedro Porro was outstanding, Udogie, the two fullbacks were instrumental, Dejan Kulusevski playing that number 10 role in the absence of Maddison.
"Richarlison got a couple of goals. Son Heung-Min was the man of the match for me, ran tirelessly, caused them all sorts of problems and opened up Newcastle defence time and time again.
"The manager got it spot on today and you have to give him a lot of credit for it."
After an uncomfortable run of one point from fifteen, Tottenham win's over Newcastle United took them into the top five with 30 points from sixteen matches played.
Photo Credit: tottenhamhotspur.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football