'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and ChukwuezePublished: December 11, 2023
Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro has explained the similarities and differences between Atalanta star Ademola Lookman and AC Milan winger Samuel Chukwueze.
The two Nigeria internationals faced off at the weekend, with Lookman stealing the headlines with a brace as the Nerazzurri beat the Rossoneri in a five-goal thriller at the Gewiss Stadium.
Peserio had hoped that the two Super Eagles players would score two goals each but Chukwueze fired blanks in 58 minutes of action before making way for Ismaël Bennacer.
While Chukwueze is deployed as an inverted right winger in Nigeria's ideal starting lineup, Lookman is preferred over Moses Simon on the left wing.
Peseiro underlined that Chukwueze and Lookman have a perfect understanding with center forward Victor Osimhen.
Asked how Chukwueze and Lookman are similar, Peseiro said to La Gazzetta dello Sport (subscription required) : "They have the same speed, but the style is different.
"Samuel likes to aim for the man from the right, come back and maybe invent the play, while Lookman scores more.
"Both have a great understanding with our striker, however: Victor Osimhen."
Chukwueze and Lookman set up three of the goals scored by Osimhen in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football