Boniface, Ogbu join Liverpool, West Ham stars in Europa League group stage best XIPublished: December 15, 2023
Super Eagles forward Victor Boniface and former Flying Eagles defender Igoh Ogbu have been named in Whoscored.com's UEFA Europa League group stage best XI.
The duo were named alongside Liverpool stars Joe Gomez and Ryan Gravenberch, West Ham midfielder James Ward-Prowse and six others.
Ogbu helped Slavia win the top spot in Group G, scoring twice in six appearances and winning more aerial duels per game than any other player in the group stages.
In his first season in the competition, the 23-year-old earned a rating of 7.56 which is the most of any defender named in the team.
Likewise, Boniface played a vital role in helping Bayer Leverkusen advance to the knockout phases, finishing with the most points in Group H.
The Nigerian forward scored 4 goals in five appearances and managed the second-most shots(18) after the conclusion of the group-stage games though his rating of 7.48 is the lowest of the three forwards named.
Slavia Prague have the most players represented with Tomas Holes and Mojmir Chytil joining Ogbu in the team, followed by Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen who have 2 players respectively.
Concluding the list is one player apiece from West Ham, Olympiacos, Atalanta, and Freiburg.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football