West Ham ready to challenge 19-time Italian champions for Montpellier's Nigerian strikerPublished: December 17, 2023
West Ham United are eyeing a move for Montpellier's Nigerian striker Akor Adams ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.
According to The Sun UK, the Hammers are considering signing a new striker next month and have put former Nigeria U20 international Adams on their transfer shortlist.
West Ham face competition for the signature of Adams, with reports in Italy suggesting that the 23-year-old is appreciated by nineteen-time Italian champions AC Milan.
Thanks to the goals he scored for Lillestrom before moving to Montpellier, Adams is the top ranked player in the European Golden Shoe rankings ahead of Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Amahl Pellegrino (Bodo/Glimt), Serhou Guirassy (VfB Stuttgart) and Kylian Mbappé (PSG).
West Ham firming up their interest in Adams depends on whether or not Michail Antonio can recover from the injury he has been dealing with since the end of the international break in November.
The Nigerian joined Montpellier from Lillestrom in exchange for five million euros and made a blistering start to his Ligue 1 career, having netted seven goals in his first nine matches in the division.
Adams has a contract with Montpellier until June 30, 2027 and it remains to seen if the Ligue 1 outfit will be interested in selling their top scorer at the halfway stage of the season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football